City Pitches In To Get Young Entrepreneur Permit

Huffington Post reported on an awesome story about an industrious young man trying to create a street side hot dog stand. With the help of his uncle, Jaequan Faulkner, age 13, set up a hot dog stand called Mr. Faulkner’s Old-Fashioned Hot Dogs in front of their house.

The Minneapolis Department of Health received a complaint about the stand during the summer, which would normally force Jaequan to close down his stand. Instead, the Department of Health pitched in $89 to get Jaequan his permit so that the stand could continue to run.

© Huffington Post

© Huffington Post

Jaequan handles 90% of the business while his uncle handles the other 10%. Jaequan has been amazed by the help he has received and his community rallying around the stand. He is thinking about getting a food card so that he can take the hot dog operation on the go.

This is such a great story for a few reasons. The community rallying around an industrious young man and helping him start his projects is amazing. The other thing that I find really inspirational about this article is how it encourages young children to be industrious. It encourages them to try to new things, to take a chance and pursue a goal, and that they will be supported by their community and family. It sets a powerful message and precedent for other children in the neighborhood. Who knows, maybe it inspires the next great businessman.

Copy of 3x4 paint splattered logo.jpg

We hope you enjoyed the article, check out our new PSTV clothing line. Rep what you believe in, PSTV.